There are few simple steps you can follow to protect yourself online through every stage of the buying process.
Keep an eye out for significantly undervalued equipment– if it seems too good to be true, it probably is!
Contacting the seller
- Prepare some questions about the item to ask the seller to help verify that they are genuine and that the item is as described
- Do not provide the seller with your personal identification details like a copy of your licence or banking information.
- Read our help center article on what to do if you think a seller is suspicious
Paying the seller
- If you do choose to put a deposit down, make sure you get a receipt stamped with the date and time and the sellers licence details.
- Use a method of payment that provides you with proof of purchase like a receipt or email confirmation directly from the provider
- Ask for a signed receipt with the date and time to confirm payment
- Never send cash in the mail
- Check our security updates regularly for important information.